If you can’t get enough dancing in these ceilidhs, there is a dance club which meets every Monday at 8pm in the hall behind St Andrew’s Methodist Church on Caerphilly Rd, Birchgrove, Cardiff, CF14 4AE.
The Ruff Folk Dance Club is a very informal group and anyone is welcome to come along to try it. The club generally dances some of the trickier creations from England, Wales and America to name just a few. This is just for fun with no intention of public performances.
There are also a number of other ways to get dancing including –
- Tredegar House Folk Festival – annually in May
- Cardiff Morris
- Folk camps – With Folk Camps you can experience folk music, singing and dancing.
- Cardiff Ladies Morris – the website is live, the dance side unfortunately isn’t
- Mr Red – these pages have links to many events around the west of England
- Bath Ceilidhs
- Widders Border Morris
- Clocs Canton
- Set and Turn Single – a listings page for folk dance events
- Webfeet – more listings for folk dance
- Taff Rapper – Cardiff’s best and only rapper side
- Stroud Ceilidhs
- Chepstow Folk Dance Club
- Isca Morris
- e-Ceilidh a news group giving details of ceilidhs throughout the UK