If you can’t get enough dancing in these ceilidhs, there is a dance club which meets every Monday at 8pm in the hall behind St Andrew’s Methodist Church on Caerphilly Rd, Birchgrove, Cardiff, CF14 4AE.
NB for Monday 30th July and Monday 6th August 2018 only, due to kitchen refurbishment at St Andrews hall, the club is meeting at the Morganstown Village Hall, Heol Syr Lewis, Morganstown, Cardiff CF15 8LE
The Ruff Folk Dance Club is a very informal group and anyone is welcome to come along to try it. The club generally dances some of the trickier creations from England, Wales and America to name just a few. This is just for fun with no intention of public performances.
There are also a number of other ways to get dancing including –
- Tredegar House Folk Festival – annually in May
- Cardiff Morris
- Folk camps – With Folk Camps you can experience folk music, singing and dancing.
- Cardiff Ladies Morris – the website is live, the dance side unfortunately isn’t
- Llandovery folk Dancing
- Mr Red – these pages have links to many events around the west of England
- Bath Ceilidhs
- Widders Border Morris
- Clocs Canton
- Set and Turn Single – a listings page for folk dance events
- Webfeet – more listings for folk dance
- Taff Rapper – Cardiff’s best and only rapper side
- Stroud Ceilidhs
- Chepstow Folk Dance Club
- Isca Morris
- e-Ceilidh a news group giving details of ceilidhs throughout the UK